Assignment agreement: of music copyright; sale plus royalty; limited territory
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this music or other intellectual property sale agreement
You may be an individual or represent a company. Unusually, this is a document which may be bought by either seller or buyer of the rights. It covers protection for both in reasonable balance. But of course, you may edit out any provision you think may overly favour your counter party. You could therefore be either a buyer or the composer of any musical or choreographic work. Your work could be of any size, complexity and for any purpose. Only you can describe it accurately. You now wish to sell some part of your rights to some other business who will exploit your work in whatever limited way you have decided.
The agreement is a full but straight forward sale/ assignment of the copyright. However, the exact limitations are for you to select.
The agreement preserves the composer’s or originator’s rights to sell the same composition in different markets by limiting the extent of rights sold in this deal. You can restrict what you are selling by reference to use, publication, time, country, language, medium, or as you decide. It preserves moral rights as composer.
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
Alternatives to this music rights sale agreement
Net Lawman offers around 20 licence agreements and assignments relating to intellectual property in addition to those in website terms and conditions.
You can find the full selection at:
- Basic contracts for creative work
- High level IP licence and sale agreements
- Merchandising agreements
- Assignment, sale and transfer
- IP licences by creator or owner
- Software and other development contracts
Contents of this music sale agreement
Here is a list of the major subjects covered in this agreement:
- Definitions and interpretation
- Warranties and understandings
- Composer’s warranties and representations
- Rights to be assigned - limitations
- The assignment deal
- The royalty deal
- Right for composer to buy back
- Infringement of copyright
- Other matters relating to enforcement and other legal issues
Over 800 words of helpful drafting notes.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Canadian law.
"I needed an Agreement and Google, as always, was where I headed. I found the Net Lawman site and initially I thought I needed a relationship type Agreement but the Lodger one was absolutely perfect.
I didn't think it would be so easy so would recommend your website to anybody who was looking for an Agreement to suit their needs."Wendy Auger
"Brilliant. I am most grateful to Net Lawman. Your service standard is unparallel. I would strongly recommend any individual or organisation to Net Lawman."Dr. Smarajit Roy
"I needed to start a company fast, I searched and after looking at a few websites I came across netlawman, by far the easiest around. I will be looking again for when I need future documents fast. Thank you."textcards