IP rights sale agreement
- Length:24 pages (6500 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this pharmaceutical rights sale agreement
You may be an individual or represent a company. You have produced a pharmaceutical or chemical innovation. It may be applicable in one industry or many. It could stand alone or be an ingredient in a yet more sophisticated product.
You want to sell all rights to a major manufacturer. You also retain rights to a royalty on sales. The sale may be limited to a particular market or industry. You probably intend to sell rights later for use in other industries or to manufacture it for your own use in your industry.
For easy understanding, we have named the chemical compound as “Hydrosolamid”.
Examples of the sort of chemical Hydrosolamid might be are:
- Special purpose lubricant or fuel;
- food preservative;
- food flavour enhancer;
- vaccine growth stimulator;
- cosmetic ingredient;
- hormone enhancer;
- DNA identification tool;
- paint pigment;
- concrete hardener;
- bio-tech ingredient.
Although the licence terms clearly separate the interests of the parties, arrangements of this nature often require considerable ongoing co-operation relating to the subject matter. This agreement does not provide for “support” as would a software product, but it does provide for co-operation and help, paid or free. Because this co-operation may be essential, in this agreement neither party is favoured. We have included reasonable protection for both parties.
Payment is by an up-front licence fee. The licence terms are extensive so that you have a suitable wide choice of option in this rather complicated area. The royalty provision also provides you with options, so that you can easily select and delete.
The agreement terminates on expiry of supporting patents or when generic versions available or as you wish.
This agreement provides the complete legal framework for what may appear to be a complicated deal. The Net Lawman modular structure in plain English takes you smoothly through the detail of a document of over 6,000 words.
- Professionally drawn, tough law
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
Alternatives to this pharmaceutical rights sale agreement
Net Lawman offers around 20 licence agreements and assignments relating to intellectual property in addition to those in website terms and conditions.
You can find the full selection at:
- Basic contracts for creative work
- High level IP licence and sale agreements
- Merchandising agreements
- Assignment, sale and transfer
- IP licences by creator or owner
- Software and other development contracts
Contents of this pharmaceutical rights sale agreement
Here is a list of the major subjects covered:
- Definitions and interpretation
- Warranties and understandings
- The licence deal, restrictions and clarifications
- Royalty calculations and payment terms
- Ongoing co-operation
- Third party infringement
- Indemnity by inventor / creator
- Indemnity by developer / buyer
- Protection of owners title and rights
- Termination if buyer fails to succeed.
- Other matters relating to enforcement and other legal issues
Over 1,400 words of helpful drafting notes.
All rights reserved