Export marketing agency agreement: sale of goods; agent carries stock
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this sales agent’s agreement
An export marketing agency contract for use by any business selling abroad. Your agent is probably a company. It certainly has its own warehouse and appropriate logistics and control systems.
The most important feature is that the agent holds stock of your product. You can select his precise duties depending on what you have agreed. There are options for all aspects of importation: delivery, transport, insurance, regulations, duties.
There is a basic option on the question of whether he collects your money and banks it locally or you collect as you would do in Canada . Each option leads to different outcomes in other parts of the document. We deal with all of them clearly and in language your agency people will understand.
There may be a fine line between a distribution arrangement and an agency arrangement. The only fundamental difference is that the distributor buys from you while the agent never does so.
Here we have provided crisp, no-nonsense alternative scenarios that will work in practice, but you will have to edit out the options not required.
Suitable for wide range of businesses, but detailed requirements are for you to choose. You may have a tech or design business where IP rights protection is vital, or you may be selling cement, where it is not.
- Agent at home or abroad
- optional heavy protection of intellectual property
- Agent paid by commission
- Many options for level of involvement of agent in dealing with regulations and customs duties.
The law in this agreement
This agreement is governed by the basic contract law, leaving you largely to make what contract you wish.
Contents of this sales agency contract
- Definitions and interpretation
- Formation and description of agreement
- Terms of appointment
- Commission payment procedure
- Compliance and regulation
- Delivery and transportation
- Products defective or not as ordered
- Management of stock in Agent’s hands
- Many options for agent’s obligations
- Marketing plans and reports
- Products recall
- Risk and retention of title
- Termination and what happens after that.
- Intellectual property and confidential Information
- Assignment and sale of business or change of Control
- Many other strong provisions
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Canadian law.
"I needed an Agreement and Google, as always, was where I headed. I found the Net Lawman site and initially I thought I needed a relationship type Agreement but the Lodger one was absolutely perfect.
I didn't think it would be so easy so would recommend your website to anybody who was looking for an Agreement to suit their needs."Wendy Auger
"Brilliant. I am most grateful to Net Lawman. Your service standard is unparallel. I would strongly recommend any individual or organisation to Net Lawman."Dr. Smarajit Roy
"I needed to start a company fast, I searched and after looking at a few websites I came across netlawman, by far the easiest around. I will be looking again for when I need future documents fast. Thank you."textcards