- Length:27 pages (7800 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this prototype design and make contract
This agreement has been drawn to cover the structure of a complicated deal in simple terms you can edit yourself. This contract is for use by a business in any industry, to regulate a deal for design and manufacture of a prototype product. That could be anything from a range of fashion items to a steering system for railway carriages. Professionally drawn and very thorough. Suitable for home or abroad. Details of work to be attached by you or entered in schedule. It is an umbrella version suitable for either a single instruction, or for multiple or continuing orders.
We cannot hope to think up the specification for every possible product. We leave it to you to provide your specification for design, finished product and standards to be achieved along the way. All this will be set up by you and either attached as a separate document or typed up as the schedule.
- Favours the designer/customer not the manufacturer, so puts you in the driving seat
- Takes you logically through the practical provisions you will need
- Assumes your intellectual property is of great value and must be protected
- Suitable for a contract with foreign manufacturer
- Provides extensive menus for dealing with transportation and delivery
Contents of this prototype design and make contract
The most important provisions are likely to be:
- Manufacturer’s warranties - who they are, what qualifications they have
- Scope of work - what exactly is the deal
- Design reviews, product testing and quality assurance
- Regulatory approvals
- Setup costs
- Payment for product development
- You can show their plant to potential customers or regulatory bodies
- Design price and payment
- Production price
- Use of sub-contractors
- Confidential Information, including your intellectual property
- No change of control without permission
- New IP
- Rules for publicity and / or announcements
All rights reserved