- Length:11 pages (2800 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this speaker contract
This is a comprehensive contract that can be easily edited to protect the interests of either the event organiser or the speaker or presenter.
It is suitable for many types of engagement, including:
- After dinner speeches
- Internal business events, such as employee training "away days"
- Trade shows
As well as the main contractual terms, such as fees and expenses and cancellation, this document covers many practical matters, such as provision of equipment, and includes other legal provisions, such as confidentiality and ownership of intellectual property created by the presentation (for example when the event is recorded), to give you a strong base for a deal.
This document includes paragraphs that cover:
- Speaker's warranties and credentials
- Speaker's employment status (asserting that he or she is self employed)
- Contract summary and payment
- Responsibilities of the organiser
- Use of substitutes
- Use of a team of sub-contractors
- Mutual indemnity
- Uncontrollable events
- Publicity and announcements
- Miscellaneous legal matters