- Length:24 pages (5700 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
What this document does
This agreement addresses almost all of the problems that may arise between you and your web writer, graphic designer or coder. It has been drawn as a fully flexible and comprehensive agreement so you can start a negotiation process with your contractor. It is suitable for larger or more complicated sites.
The website design contracts have been drawn to protect you, the client, so any person or Company wanting to allocate website designing work to a professional website designer will use one of these Net Lawman documents. It covers graphic design, records, testing and all other areas of your work.
This document will protect you from many legal pitfalls, but does not attempt to provide technical input for your specification of work. Technical material will be entered into the specification by you, the technical expert.
Extensive drafting notes explain even more.
What is in this website design and write agreement, client's version
Here are some of the most important provisions. Of course there is much more:
- Your customer will approve the website design in stages but pay for additional work on an agreed basis;
- Regulating customer changes to the agreed specification;
- Providing concisely for responsibility for search engine strategy and other matters where you require certainty;
- Lists excluded matters for client's separate attention - e.g. names, hosting; payment service provision;
- Testing and acceptance;
- Alternative payment arrangements;
- Clear and strong identification and protection of your intellectual property;
- Appropriate legal provisions - exclusions, indemnities, etc;
- Regulating customer changes to the website design specification so that it is clear what work is "extra";
- We provide a template for the detailed specification;
- Lists excluded matters for your special attention - e.g. names, hosting; payment service provider;
- Training option.