- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
Although this document cannot magically absolve you from risk of data mismanagement, it is a giant first step. Informing your visitors and customers (and other parties) about the data you collect about them is a requirement. A privacy notice is a simple way to comply, but a good privacy notice goes further. It is prime evidence to everyone with whom you deal that you take confidentiality seriously. That can help increase the trust that visitors and customers have in your business and boost their confidence in using your services or buying from you.
If you have a website, regardless of the size, or whether you are trading from it, it is highly likely that you will be collecting information about your customers in some way, even if you don’t use the information. If you collect information, you need to disclose this in a privacy statement.
The law in this privacy notice
This document complies with Canadian law, including the Data Protection Legislation. (Note that having a privacy notice is just part of the requirements for compliance with the Data Protection laws).
Privacy notice features and contents
There are 29 paragraphs in this document. In places we have provided a number of possibilities, where you choose the most appropriate option from the menu and delete the others. In other places, we have provided ideas and the most common scenarios, but the notice may require a little customisation to fully reflect your business.
The notice is drawn around:
- covering you for compliance with privacy laws and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA);
- protecting you from claims that you have misused data.
- reminding you how to avoid contravening the Canadian Data Protection Legislation;
- providing re-assurance to your customers or clients;
- maintaining a professional but friendly image.
The contents of the document cover:
- categorisation of different types of information and how you use them;
- how you collect, use and store financial information;
- information security and data retention;
- fraud prevention;
- collection of information by other means (such as telephone calls and e-mails);
- compliance with the law and disclosure to government;
- processing of data outside Canada;
- review, removal and update of collected data;
- third party advertising;
- the use of the site by children.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Canadian law.
"I needed an Agreement and Google, as always, was where I headed. I found the Net Lawman site and initially I thought I needed a relationship type Agreement but the Lodger one was absolutely perfect.
I didn't think it would be so easy so would recommend your website to anybody who was looking for an Agreement to suit their needs."Wendy Auger
"Brilliant. I am most grateful to Net Lawman. Your service standard is unparallel. I would strongly recommend any individual or organisation to Net Lawman."Dr. Smarajit Roy
"I needed to start a company fast, I searched and after looking at a few websites I came across netlawman, by far the easiest around. I will be looking again for when I need future documents fast. Thank you."textcards