Website terms and conditions template: recruitment site or job listings site
This website terms and conditions template sets out the relationship between your seekers and recruiters. It provides your business with protection in case a transaction between third parties fails, and gives you strong legal protection against malicious use of your website and misuse of your intellectual property.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this terms and conditions document
This T&C document has been written for the owner of a job site. It covers both usual recruitment services and whatever other services you provide to either side from your website.
Is this template suitable for your website?
This template is for any website that creates a marketplace primarily for recruitment, where both job seekers and recruiters interface your system entirely through your website. The same terms also cover access from a mobile device such as a smartphone.
Your recruiters and seekers may be anywhere in the World.
The benefit of clear terms and conditions
Website terms and conditions are probably the best example of a legal document where use of plain English strengthens the legal effect of the document. If a dispute should arise, it would be hard for a user of your site to claim that he did not understand, even if English is not his first language.
Using this document on your website will help you to:
- set out clearly how your business works and how users should act and behave;
- ensure that users receive the quality of service that you aim to provide;
- present a professional image of your business. Our use of plain English helps ensure that sellers do not feel intimidated by overly formal or legalistic language;
- prevent misunderstandings and make solving disputes easier;
- protect your website from misuse (we include paragraphs that set out exactly how users can interact with your website, and what they cannot do);
- protect your business from complaints about content that your users posted - particularly important if users can post information, questions, data and take part in discussions without you actively monitoring every post or message.
The law in this document
The law in these T&C is largely common law that deals with the basics of contracts: offer, acceptance, price and payment, provision of service, liabilities and risk. By and large, you can set the terms you want, particularly the commercial ones. The document should be edited so that it reflects exactly how your business works. Our guidance notes will tell you what you can change safely, and what we don't advise changing.
Contents of this terms and conditions
This terms and conditions template includes provisions that cover both the relationship between the recruiter and job seeker and the relationship between your business and each of them.
It includes terms relating to:
- Definitions and interpretation
- Basis of contract between your business and each of recruiters and job seekers
- Prices for your services
- Renewal payments and credit cards
- Extensive options for re-assurance to customers that you will take care of data
- Very extensive options as to what a user may or may not do on your website.
- Removal of offensive content
- Security of your website
- Storage of data
- Terms specific to recruiters
- Terms specific to job seekers
- Protection of copyright and other intellectual property rights
- Interruption to service
- Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- Miscellaneous legal matters to protect your business
Over 2,100 words of helpful notes to make your task even easier.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Canadian law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
"I needed an Agreement and Google, as always, was where I headed. I found the Net Lawman site and initially I thought I needed a relationship type Agreement but the Lodger one was absolutely perfect.
I didn't think it would be so easy so would recommend your website to anybody who was looking for an Agreement to suit their needs."Wendy Auger
"Brilliant. I am most grateful to Net Lawman. Your service standard is unparallel. I would strongly recommend any individual or organisation to Net Lawman."Dr. Smarajit Roy
"I needed to start a company fast, I searched and after looking at a few websites I came across netlawman, by far the easiest around. I will be looking again for when I need future documents fast. Thank you."textcards