Commercial property licence: to occupy business premises
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this commercial property licence agreement
This agreement creates a licence to occupy commercial premises, not a lease. The difference is important because a lease creates an interest in land and gives the tenant additional rights - particularly with respect to stay in the property when the lease term expires.
This property licence includes minimal and usual provisions in simple format, specifically to avoid it being interpreted as a lease.
The document might be used to:
- let spare office rooms, unused workshops or warehouse space to another business
- bring in another trader on a shop floor
- rent office space on a short term, flexible basis, for example as 'incubator' space for start-up businesses
- let a parcel of spare land to another business to store vehicles or machinery
This document has been carefully drawn so as to avoid being interpreted as a lease under the property laws.
If you need a lease rather than a licence to occupy, we have a large collection of business lease agreement templates for all types of property.
The document is not suitable for residential property. For that, see our documents within the category Lodger agreements and licences, or our standard lodger agreement.
- Property details
- Licence fee
- Licence fee inclusions such as services and rates
- Payment provisions: all payments the tenant might have to make
- Use allowed: restrictions on how the occupier can use the property
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Canadian law.
"I needed an Agreement and Google, as always, was where I headed. I found the Net Lawman site and initially I thought I needed a relationship type Agreement but the Lodger one was absolutely perfect.
I didn't think it would be so easy so would recommend your website to anybody who was looking for an Agreement to suit their needs."Wendy Auger
"Net Lawman has helped me through several procedures. The documents in plain English, the drafting service and the delightful customer service means I can get the job done properly, at a price that doesn't affect a small businesses bottom line. Thank you!"Dan White
"Brilliant. I am most grateful to Net Lawman. Your service standard is unparallel. I would strongly recommend any individual or organisation to Net Lawman."Dr. Smarajit Roy